Specialist Dementia Care
Elder Healthcare provides dementia care in dedicated units, offering a secure, safe and ‘condition friendly’ environment. They are adapted to suit the exact needs of people diagnosed with dementia, and staffed by and expert team who are readily available to help guide and support residents (and their families) as they experience the various stages of the condition.
The Elder Grange Dementia Unit is on one level with private secure garden areas, modern lounges, secure entry and exit. Communal areas have CCTV and specialised signage to help ensure residents feel safe in the controlled environment.
The Dementia Care unit features:
• A dedicated team of nurses and carers delivering care using a person centered approach
• Dementia care training for all staff
• Secure entry and exit
• Varied stimulating person-centered activities
• Reminiscence therapy
• Personal name plates on each bedroom door to aid recognition
• Coloured signage which enables orientation of the unit
• Memory boxes and books
• Movement sensors in bedrooms
• Life histories and personalised care plans to aid person centered care
• Quiet lounge
• Secure patio area